Thursday, July 10, 2014

Best Carrot Cake

I have made this cake countless times, and it has never failed to delight.  Even those on the fence about carrot cake melt when eating this.  There is a bit of crossover from vegan to vegetarian, while the carrot cake is exactly as the Czech Vegan, Elisabeth's recipe calls for, I make a true cream cheese frosting.  I was using the vegan cream cheese substitute and margarine and have switched to quality organic cream cheese and butter.

I don't often bake desserts, but this is a delicious recipe when I do.

Czech Vegan Carrot Cake

Cream Cheese Frosting


  • 5 Tbsp Organic Butter
  • 8 ounces Organic Cream Cheese
  • 2-2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
-Beat together room temperature butter and cream cheese with vanilla
-Fold in powdered sugar 
-Mix until smooth


No comments:

Post a Comment