Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cabbage soup cleanse meals days 2-4

I have completed the 7 day cabbage soup "cleanse" as I think of it.  Overall, I enjoyed it, a couple of interesting days, and one that surprised me.  I will do it again with modifications in late spring.

Each day includes unlimited cabbage soup.  Day 2 is vegetables, non-starchy, only.  In the morning you get one potato, and that made me nauseous.  The rest of the day was a challenge, but a yummy one.  This salad was delicious, asparagus, avocado, cucumber and red leaf lettuce with a small amount of lemon and olive oil dressing.  

Day 2 lunch

I chose mushrooms to give this cabbage, kale, onion and ginger stir-fry more depth and weight.  It felt like a full meal with the meatiness of the mushrooms and the long pieces of cabbage mimicking noodles.

                                                                      Day 2 dinner




















Both fruits and vegetables (non-starchy) on Day 3 was easier than veg alone.  It allowed making a smoothie with a scoop of avocado for creaminess and kale to lighten the sweetness.


                                 Day 3 breakfast smoothie


I thought that Day 4 would be the most challenging, not the case at all.  The rich smoothies at the beginning and end of the day, with a couple of bananas and cabbage soup the rest of the day, was quite good.  I was full and ready for Day 5.

Day 4 breakfast & evening dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment