Sunday, February 1, 2015

Different winter light


                              Glorious tree on the Charles



















Light and color strike me more than ever before.  Seeing which photos are carried more by light or color, and those that balance both.  

The picture below is one of my rare instances of catching exactly what I saw.  It was a very cold morning at sunrise on my walk to work.  This was with my Canon SD1200 Power Shot, I had brought it just in case.

Early morning Malden

It was a cold, gray day in mid-November.  Fortunately, somebody made the decision to save the riverside park across from a busy mall.  I parked at Target and wandered about.  


                                                                         Flat light and autumn color
We were extremely fortunate this winter, not seeing our first significant snowfall until late January.  I was able to go out on Christmas day in only a light zip-up jacket. 


Christmas Walk



No comments:

Post a Comment